I've been feeling pretty lucky the last month. (Minus the four days this week where I was a complete and utter stress case). Here's why:
- I got a scholarship from Myriad genetics. Keith nominated me and I had no idea. Here's a picture they sent with the thank you letter:
- I went to Michigan and got to see Chelsea, play whirlyball, and experience my first interview weekend (I got rejected but, oh well)
- I went to New York City. I interviewed at Columbia and didn't like it AT ALL. But, I hung out with Brittnee, went to Mary Poppins, went to the Met, ate NY pizza & cheesecake, and took in the wonder of NYC.
- North Carolina. I LOVED UNC! The campus is beautiful, the people are nice, the apartments are reasonably priced and nice, the research and faculty are awesome, and there are a good number of church members. Now, if they could just give me their admission decision, that'd be great!
- Boston. Our hotel had rubber ducks. AWESOME. I wasn't super impressed by the program at Boston University, but I met some awesome people.
- I was awarded an ORCA grant.
- My friends are amazing.
- I am increasingly grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know it is true and I cannot imagine life without it.
- My brothers are the best missionaries out there.
- My parents are an amazing strength to me. I'm so glad they are always there to listen to me and calm my stressed mind.
- I can run, play frisbee, eat, and I live in a safe place with a roof over my head.
What else can a girl ask for??