Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
- Even though I had to swerve to avoid the truck and trailer, I managed to stay on the road.
- Even though he didn't stay on the road, everyone was okay. The trailer just flipped.
- I can now say I can drive in the snow.
- I had good company in the car.
- We met some nice people in Fillmore where we stopped for a bathroom break, with about 60 other cars.
- I got to spend the weekend with my immediate family as well as extended family.
- Ping pong tournament, frisbee, around-the-world ping pong, powergrid, harry potter, playing with kids, and food, food, food.
- My roommates just made it back so we're all alive.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
- carving pumpkins
- frozen yogurt
- dance party (2)
- ultimate frisbee
- ultimate frisbee in the rain
- winning ultimate frisbee
- football game in the rain
- BYU football WINNING
- playing the violin
- "The Karate Kid"
- splashing in puddles
- realizing Sunday night at 10:30 pm all the homework you still have to do
- not caring. :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
- I didn't get enough sleep because I stayed up studying physiology.
- I don't really understand the new ochem stuff.
- I spent two more hours studying physiology.
- I went to physiology class, and didn't understand it one bit.
- At work, my PCR was crap. And it took FOREVER to run the gel because there was a newbie.
- The bank is retarded. Seriously.
- I basically failed the physiology test I stayed up studying for in the first place.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
- her favorite colors are blue and purple.
- she LOVES Boise State football.
- she is an AMAZING artist.
- she loves music.
- she has a large music collection. (which I frequently steal from)
- she likes converse shoes.
- her hair is always gorgeous and perfectly straight.
- she loves Zumba
- she likes milk way more than any normal person
- she loves psych and monk.
- she hates Mondays and Thursdays
- she hates chemistry.
- she could be a model.
- she can dance.
- her middle name is the same as mine
- she is fun to watch movies with.
- she is a nutritional science major but luckily still loves to eat sugary food with me
- she occasionally laughs in her sleep.
- when she gets hyper, it's really funny.
- she is an all around amazing person. :)
Happy Birthday Hanna! :)
Thursday, September 23, 2010
- study for physiology test (what I should be doing NOW)
- write ORCA grant proposal
- study for Stats test
- memorize D&C section headings
- make Ochem flashcards
- do Ochem problem set
- do Ochem chapter problems
- read Ochem
- begin to pray about Ochem test
- research protein synthesis mechanisms
- think about grad school and internships
- read physiology
- read papers about anomuran crabs
- take antibiotic
Friday, September 17, 2010
Last Friday, Hanna, Kendra, and I went to a Nik Day and Benton Paul free concert outside on the roof of a parking garage. It was so much fun!
Kendra, me, and Hanna
Today's exciting Friday plans? movies, chicken noodle soup, and lots of coughing. Being sick is no bueno.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Then, the US Open final got postponed til tomorrow because of rain. :(
Then, we had a CES fireside that Hanna and I watched on tv at home. It was an interesting one. Elder Scott talked about marriage and his wife who passed away fifteen years ago. He told us that he felt sorry for those who hadn't had the opportunity to get married yet. Haha, I guess that means an apostle feels sorry for me... Here at BYU we've been having marriage thrown in our faces a lot more than normal. The devotional by President Samuelson mentioned marriage, my bishop is continuously plugging marriage and how we need to step it up, and now, Elder Scott. Woohoo for marriage!
And the rest of my Sunday was spent with Hanna, another important person. We sat and ate an entire bag of peanut butter m&ms and did homework. And randomly discussed life and our mutual fear of having children.
Sundays are grand.
I stole this picture off a friend's blog and it pretty much sums up how I feel about life right now. :)
Monday, September 6, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
One of my very best friends had a baby girl a couple weeks ago!! I got to see her when I was home, she was 5 days old and so stinkin' cute! I'm so happy for Amber and Kaden and their beautiful daughter. It's so crazy that this girl I used to play barbies with as a 6-year old now has her own little girl.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- I can handle myself relatively well in extremely stressful situations.
- Heavenly Father answers our prayers and guides us.
- I love my family more than anything.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers. Gordon B. Hinckley
The next time I get around to posting will probably be about Sam and Jason's wedding. So crazy. But SO exciting! :)
Friday, May 28, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
- she has awesome red hair
- she is the nicest person I know, she's always thinking of others before herself
- she plays tennis like a mad woman
- she plays the violin incredibly well
- she puts up with my brothers and dad (I'm still sorry for leaving her all alone with them)
- she can sew (she made one of my prom dresses in high school)
- she is an amazing gardener
- she is the best cook on the whole entire planet
- her cookies are literally heaven on earth
- she loves me no matter what
- she came to visit me!
Friday, April 9, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
- "I don't want these strawberries to go to waste!" -Little girl
- "We are aliens. But don't worry, we come in peace." -Two best friends (girls)
- "So the white stuff you see in strawberries is it's DNA, right?" -one of the chaperones. (For the record, the white stuff inside a strawberry is not it's DNA. The DNA is INSIDE the cells."
- Boy 1: "So, could we do this with people DNA?" Me: "Yup." Boy 1: "Awesome! So you can squish up a guy's finger and get the DNA out." Boy 2: "It'd probably look the same as what we have too cuz it'd be all bloody." Me: "That's disgusting. You can just use your spit." Boy 2: "Ohhh..."
- Girl: "What does DNA stand for?" Me: "Deoxyribonucleic acid." Girl: "Huh?" Boy: "something, something, something nucleic acid."
- "This stuff is leaking all over me and I'm going to get a rash!!" -A very concerned girl
- "Will it hurt it if I take a picture?" After this one about five girls took a picture of my hook with the blob of DNA at the end.
- Put your fruit in a plastic ziploc bag and put about 10 mL of water in the bag (it doesn't have to be exact.)
- Add a few drops of dishwashing soap (like Dawn). Squish up your fruit until it's mostly juice.
- Cut a hole in the corner of your bag and pour the juice (try to not get any chunks) into a tube or cup.
- Let isopropanol run down the side of the tube. (Don't let it drop directly on top of the juice or it will mix together)
- The isopropanol will pull the DNA up and you will see white strands of DNA. When you pull it out it looks a little like snot. (Lovely, I know.)
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
"We are each called to reach out to others. On rare occasions that can happen on a grand scale. But most of the time it happens in simple acts of kindness of one person to another. Those are the events that really matter." -Francis S. CollinsThis coming from a man who was head of the human genome project. The sole project that completely changed the course of science and the way we think about life as a whole. This man is incredible. He's now the director of the NSF (National Science Foundation). Today's "pearl" is this quote and the simple ways people serve others. Something as simple as saying thank you. Or doing the dishes. Or holding the door open. Or saying, "You know what, you CAN do this. Go for it!" Or by simply believing in you without having to say anything at all. (P.S. I know these aren't complete sentences, bear with me). Each day is filled with opportunities to reach out to others and truly change the world.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
To end the day I went to a lecture by my mom's awesome tennis partner, Marilyn. She's a retired professor and was once the dean of graduate studies. She's so cute. Her lecture was really good and I went to say hi to her after which was fun. I love how she calls me 'kiddo.' Haha, she's a little grandmotherly, I love it. That's all for today. Over and out.