Wednesday, February 2, 2011

the violin.

Once upon a time, there was a girl. When she was five years old her mom started teaching her the violin. It was a hard battle. She never wanted to practice and didn't do what her mom asked her to do. So, they found a friend who was having the same problem with her son and they switched children to teach. So this girl began learning from an amazing woman named Debbie. Practicing was still a battle. Lots of tears were shed and, quite frankly, this girl was a brat about it. But, 12 years later and she was still taking from Debbie. They all decided it was time to move on to another teacher. Next was a man, who had a serious personality clash with the girl. We can just skip that year or two and fast forward through the tears of being told she HAD to stop taking lessons because she wasn't practicing. Her next teacher was the absolutely incredibly Bonnie Romkey. She was one of a kind. The girl learned to be a performer, not just a violinist from her and enjoyed taking from her until she graduated from high school. Now this girl is in college and really misses playing her violin all the time like she used to. (have you figured out that it's me?) I REALLY miss performing like I used to and having an audition or performance to work towards. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't major in music. (because I love DNA too much.) But, I can always play the violin, like I do now, in orchestra! Violin is amazing and I just love it! :) So, here's to the memories, and many more to come!

young beginnings :)

this was my quartet at a music camp in 2005.

all-state orchestra 2007

BYU Symphony Orchestra 2009

Disneyland 2008

High School Senior Pictures 2008
Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with my tantrums, tears, and screeching notes so I can enjoy playing today! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment